The Cowley Endowed School Foundation
Educational grants are available from the Cowley’s Endowed Schools Foundation. There are two rates for the educational grant which are defined on the following basis:
Level 1 (Post-18 years of age)
- Those studying for Degree and HND qualifications at establishments of higher education would receive an educational grant of £450.
Level 2 (Post-16 years of age)
- Those studying for all other qualifications and certificates, for example, BTech Diplomas, A-Levels, NVQ’s, Apprenticeships would receive an educational grant of £200.
The Cowley’s Endowed Schools Foundation is a registered charity originally established by an order of the Charity Commissioners in 1910. The Foundation has a Governing Body of Trustees comprising the current Vicar of Donington and no less than 11 or more than 13 Representative Trustees and is administered by its Clerk.
The Foundation supports the Cowley Academy and the Donington Cowley Endowed Primary School.
The Foundation receives an annual income from its investment portfolio and may make grants to both schools and to beneficiaries under the age of twenty five who have resided for a period of not less than two years in Donington or the parishes of Bicker, Quadring, Swineshead, Gosberton, Wigtoft, Horbling, Billingborough, Swaton and Helpringham and who attend or have attended either school for not less than two years.
Further information about the Foundation can be obtained from its Clerk:
- Contact: Mr Patrick Skells
- Address: Chattertons Solicitors, Dembleby House, 12 Broad Street, Spalding, Lincolnshire PE11 1ES
- Tel: 01775 765356
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beneficiaries who wish to apply for a grant must complete an application form which can be obtained from the Clerk or downloaded from the following link: